Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Best 7 Minutes of My Life AND Yours.


To think all this time I thought Curtains was about the dangers of window treatments. Turns out, Curtains is about the dangers of ice skating. If there was ever a time that you needed to be convinced that Curtains is an amazing film--look no further than the following scene. Reenacted for you by this slideshow of screen shots.



What a beautiful day....


Time for a skate to my favorite tune!



La la la skating...


La la la skating....

Hey...the music stopped.

Who turned off my music?


I know, I'll just press play again.


Hmm must be the batteries-- oh shoot I dropped them!


There they are in the snow, right next to that hand...


Oh my god someone is buried in the snow!



Oh wait a minute...it's just a doll...



I love dolls!



La la la dolls...



SUDDENLY: A OMINOUS PAIR OF BLACK LEGS APPEAR.

La la la dolls...


*Skate skate*


Huh? I hear skating...


Must be my partner....


*Skate skate*


I thought I told him to wear pink...



Wait a minute...



*Heavy breathing...skate skate*


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!


*Heavy breathing*


Ahhhhhhhhhhhh not my doll!


*Heavy breathing*



*Sickle noise*


Noooo not my doll's head!


You bastard! Take that!




Ahhhhhh why!?


Well I won't spoil the ending! Hopefully this cleared things up for those of you wondering if this really was the best scene of all time. If you still need convincing I guess you can watch the actual YouTube video of it. But I'm sure you'll still come to the conclusion that yes, this is the best 7 minutes of anyone's life.

Full review to come soon.

12 comments:

Mr. Johnny Sandman said...

Very nice use of using the song in the actual slideshow.

Pax Romano said...

Love that scene...but now I am going to think, "La la la la, skating" from now on!

Emily said...

Awesome!! I am convinced that no moment in my life can ever surpass the joy of that scene! I can't wait to read the full review.

Andre Dumas said...

Thanks Rick I think it was necessary to convey the tone..!

Pax- I always sing la la la skating when I ice skate. Actually just kidding I hate ice skating but if I did skate I would sing that.

Emily C- I agree! Luckily I had read virtually nothing about Curtains beforehand and went into the ice skating scene knowing nothing. A pure dream come true..

The Fiji Mermaid said...

That was awesome! I loved the screen shots. I've never heard of that flick before, but that scene looks pretty great.

Hhhhh said...

That looks awesome but I think I've got another potential best-scene contender...

I watched a strange little thing called "Terror at the Red Roof Inn" a few months ago. There's this tender romantic conversation... which is stopped in the middle for the guy to punch a shark to death.

The scene on Youtube:
http://bit.ly/cWfh0L

Andre Dumas said...

HA! Whaaaaat that is amazing. Why are you always trying to get me to watch things with sharks?! I really think I need to see this for myself though...

Hhhhh said...

Well I was actually planning to head out to the skatepark this evening after work, but now I'm going to be stuck thinking "la la la la, skating" the whole time... so far that you get another shark.

said...

I do consider this scene one of the creepiest scenes of that era...

Franco Macabro said...

This was hilarious, what movie is it from?? I must know!

Andre Dumas said...

It's from Curtains! I'll be posting the review today.

Dod said...

Looks like I have another recommendation - Curtains will now join my to-watch list!